Want to Learn More?
Bloom! Montessori® maintains a large lending library of Montessori-specific books and brochures, as well as general early childhood education references. All of the recommended reading materials listed below are available to parents in the school’s library.
Recommended Reading about Montessori:
- Britton, Leslie (1992). Montessori Play and Learn: A Parent’s Guide to Purposeful Play from Two to Six. New York: Three Rivers Press
- Gettman, David (1987). Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-Fives. New York: St. Martin’s Press
- Lillard, Angeline (2007). Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius. New York: Oxford University Press
- Lillard, Paula & Jessen, Lynn (2003). Montessori from the Start. New York: Schocken Books
- Lillard, Paula (1996). Montessori Today: A Comprehensive Approach to Education from Birth to Adulthood. New York: Schocken Books
- Lillard, Paula (1980). Montessori in the Classroom: A Teacher’s Account of How We Really Learn. New York: Schocken Books
- Montessori, Maria (1995). The Absorbent Mind. New York: Henry Holt and Company
- Montessori, Maria (19910. The Advanced Montessori Method. Oxford: Clio Ltd
- Montessori, Maria (1965). The Discovery of the Child. New York: Random House Publishing
- Montessori, Maria (1964). The Montessori Method. New York: Schocken Books
- Montessori, Maria (1966). The Secret of Childhood. New York: Random House Publishing
- Seldin, Tim (2008). How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way. New York: DK Adult
- Standing, E.M. (1984). Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work. New York: Penguin Books
Recommended Parenting Books:
- Grosshans, Beth (2008). Beyond Time Out: From Chaos to Calm
- Kohn, Alfie (2006). Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Punishments and Rewards to Love and Reason
- Nelson, Jane (1996). Positive Discipline. New York: Ballantine Books
Other Recommended Reading:
- Alstott, Anne (2005). No Exit: What Parents Owe Their Children and What Society Owes Parents. Oxford University Press
- Goertz, Donna (2001). Children Who Are Not Yet Peaceful: Preventing Exclusion in the Early Elementary Classroom. Frog Books
- Louv, Richard (2005). Last Child in the Woods: Saving our Children from a Nature-Deficit Disorder. Algonquin Books
- Perlmutter, David & Colman, Carol (2006). Raise a Smarter Child by Kindergarten. New York: Broadway Books
- Stamm, Jill (2007). Bright From the Start. New York: Gotham Books
Want more information?
Schedule a tour or simply request to speak to one of our owners for more details!